To change your actions you need to focus your resolutions on how you want to live your life. If you focus on the way you approach life, breathe life, see life, then the working out and the other things you want to change will become easier because you will be in control of your life. It is easier to change direction if you are in the saddle.
So here are some resolutions I want to share that you can adopt for the coming year.
- Focus on your accomplishments. For many people the last four years of the recession have been very challenging. Doubt can quickly rise to the surface. Drop that baggage. The only one creating it is you. Focus on your accomplishments and not your defeats or what you don’t have. You have done a lot; you just need to have the eyes to see it.
- Focus on gratitude. You can find gratitude in very small things if your eyes are open, your ears are clear and your heart loves. Gratitude gives you tremendous clarity. Gratitude makes you feel better every day. Gratitude is life’s greatest shield. If you are grateful you may be besieged but you will never be defeated.
- Focus on humility. I think that many people misunderstand humility. It is not weakness; it is a source of great strength that rewards you with tremendous appreciation and vision. I think that both gratitude and humility provide everyone with the ambition to do more, appreciate more and invest more in the things that are really important in their lives.
- Focus on your passion and your success will come. It may be an obscured journey but if you believe in your passion and vision things will happen. If you have a failure bump would you rather fail by doing what you believe in instead of what people tell you do? Defining yourself by the company you work for instead of who you are is a very shallow measure of self worth and accomplishment.
- Focus on accountability for your goals to achieve your goals. The best accountability monitors are the people that you respect and the people that love you and respect you and that you never want to disappoint. If you have people around you that do not want you to fail you will succeed.
You can connect with Hank on Linkedin
Follow his updates on twitter @hankblank
Watch some videos on http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHankblank
Email him at email@example.com