1. New Business is about winning new clients. It has nothing to do with advertising.
2. PowerPoint presentations neuter you.
3. Leave the agency posse at home. Fewer is formidable.
4. Blow up your new business template. Solutions aren’t cookie cutter.
5. New business presentations are not meetings. They are performances.
6. Wear a new outfit for each New Business presentation and have somebody younger than you pick it out and dress you.
7. Your agency process is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. They are all derivative. Keep it to one boring page.
8. In your rehearsals make the creative director your prospect. If they are bored your potential new client will be bored.
9. Give your prospects hope for success with solutions.
10. Leave agency politics behind.
11. Shred your leave behinds.
12. Pitch your current clients once a year.
You can connect with Hank on Linkedin
Follow his updates on twitter @hankblank
Watch his video on YouTube on How to Rise Above the Crowd.